Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Image SA Wanted

bassace

I've put a post in the Wanteds for an Acoustic Image SA amp. This is a stand alone power amplifier that AI no longer make, probably due to lack of demand. My chances of success are rather slim because even the UK AI importer says he's never seen one. So has anyone some suggestions for an easily obtained small power amp, rated at around 300-500 watts? I'd like to run a microphone channel through it, after a suitable preamp, of course.

[quote name='bassace' post='292482' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:42 AM']I've put a post in the Wanteds for an Acoustic Image SA amp. This is a stand alone power amplifier that AI no longer make, probably due to lack of demand. My chances of success are rather slim because even the UK AI importer says he's never seen one. So has anyone some suggestions for an easily obtained small power amp, rated at around 300-500 watts? I'd like to run a microphone channel through it, after a suitable preamp, of course.[/quote]

I imagine your best bet would be to stick a wantd ad on TalkBass.

Does it have to be an SA? You could always look out for a Focus. It's not much bigger.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='292494' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:00 AM']I imagine your best bet would be to stick a wantd ad on TalkBass.

Does it have to be an SA? You could always look out for a Focus. It's not much bigger.[/quote]

I've posted on Talkbass today. Yes, a Focus would do, even a Clarus but I'd hope to get a simple power amp cheaper. I've already got a Clarus with two preamp channels. I want to split the second channel with its own power output, hence the SA.