Why become a member? ×

traded
£650

walplayer

That is very nice indeed.

I have googled but can't find th info - is the body scaled down or same size as a regular T Bird? Can you accurately weigh it please? And does having a shorter neck mean no neck dive!? :)

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1460706768' post='3027953']
That is very nice indeed.

I have googled but can't find th info - is the body scaled down or same size as a regular T Bird? Can you accurately weigh it please? And does having a shorter neck mean no neck dive!? :)
[/quote]

Hi Paul
I forgot how rare these are no there isn't much about them on the Internet so I'll share what I can.

Yes there's no neck dive :) and the body is pretty much same size as the long scale thunderbird...it's not a small bass , same overall length as my old style 50s p bass . Scale is 30.5 . mahogany neck and body in satin finish but set neck (not through neck so you don't have the central ridge in the body) same pick ups and electrics as the 34" , but because of the shorter scale the neck pick up is closer to the fingerboard...because of this you can also get eb type tones as well as the thunderbird type sound.
Very useable range of tones you can get from it.
On this and short scale basses generally you tend to get more bass fundamental but obviously less upper harmonic overtones .
It's not heavy but I'll try to weigh it later tonight or tomorrow .