Why become a member? ×

SQUIER JV '57 PRECISION BASS- WHITE/MAPLE

Etienne

[attachment=13949:DSC00180.JPG][attachment=13950:DSC00179.JPG][attachment=13951:DSC00178.JPG]

***WITHDRAWN***

I bought this earlier on in the year- as you can see from the pics it's been well played over the course of its lifetime, which makes it all the cooler I think! This is either an '83 or '84 model- the serial number is JV52613.

As far as I know it's original, apart from some of the scratchplate screws. The scratchplate itself IS the original single-ply white plastic one, but it has been sprayed gold at some point by a previous owner- I reckon the paint could be stripped off easily if desired, but I think it looks better this way! The pickup and controls are all original and unmolested (I had a peek!). One minor thing- the tone pot is a little crackly & stiff, but doesn't cause any problems once it's set! The hardware is oxidised, but works fine. The neck is really comfortable and smooth to play, and the frets have plenty of life left in them. The finish has aged to a lovely cream- the hairline cracks you can see near the bridge are only cosmetic! This bass is fairly lightweight, plays really well, and has a lovely mellow vintage-y sound... Fitted with worn D'addario Pro Steels. I bought this without a case, so it doesn't have one!

I'm looking for just [b]£400[/b] for this... no trades please! More photos and info on request. Collect from Liverpool city centre, OR I can deliver within 50 mile radius in exchange for fuel costs, OR I will ship, again at extra cost.

PS The strap and plastic straplocks will be supplied, but not the pick! :)

Thanks for looking...

Edited by Etienne

The plate looks fine to me ! I had a similiar model a few years ago (1957 model,black body/white plate etc), and it was a fine thing.
Don't remember them being available in white body/white plate option though,so maybe the plate has been replaced (torty original?)or
the body had a refin perhaps? Either way whoever gets this will be getting a nice usable P-bass.
Good luck with the sale.

Hmmm, think I'm going to check up some more on the JV site!

Seeing as my Roscoe Beck has provisionally sold (at last!), I may now keep this. I'll have a think over the weekend...

Edited by Etienne