Why become a member? ×

Within Our Rights - November Gigs

lateralus462

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='332372' date='Nov 19 2008, 03:28 PM']I've just seen the news on your myspace page - did something awful happen on Saturday night?

S.P.[/quote]

It did mate.

We fired our guitarist which meant we lost the myspace page and the name - cos he set that all up and started the band. Not pretty at all and lots of hard feelings.

Fortunately all of the other members in the band are carrying on, so we should be out and gigging again soon (as long as we can find a replacement guitarist that is) - we are now called "Above Zero" same songs different name.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='333331' date='Nov 20 2008, 07:04 PM']Are you just saying that because you had a nightmare night on Saturday, or is it actually worth avoiding on its own merits?

S.P.[/quote]

Put it this way, we turned up to no promoter (he was off getting pissed somewhere), there was a PA supplied (but no mics or stands - we were not told prior to the gig that we had to provide these: cue much frantic running/driving around) so we had to sort the sound out ourselves, he turned up halfway through the second bands set, didn't really speak to anyone and f**ked off way before the end. Not many people showed up and according to the landlord it's been like that for the last few weeks - I guess what was going on within the band didn't really help but I reckon it would have been rubbish anyway. If you could get a load of people down there and were prepared for the rubbish organisation and sh*t sound it could be Ok, but if not then avoid.

Edited by lateralus462