Why become a member? ×

GAS!!

toolapcblack

hi im looking for new/used bass but modern times mean that its hard to try certain models out the shortlist is

Carvin bass kit bk40
Ibanez SRXXXX any of the range from 500-1200 or ATK800
Overwater tanglewood Jazz (ive tried the aspiration which is great just prefer a 34")

i dont slap just fingers no pick mostly metal hard rock 70/80s Rock/Pop

all advice gratefully received

which would be the best bang for buck?

thanks
J

Can't speak for the Carvin and although I haven't played any of the SR500+ I have played the SR300. It is very comfortable to play, I'm not a fan of the curved top for slapping but if you're not going to be doing any of that then I doubt you'll have any problems with it. The 3 band eq allows for a wide variety of tones, although I found the pickups on the SR300 were a little weak (can't speak for any of the higher models). I currently own an Overwater Tanglewood Jazz and prefer it over any of the other basses I've owned. It just feels right to me; very comfortable, clarity from the pickups and easy tone shaping on the fly with the 2 band eq and [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5khz[/font][/color] boost push/pull pot. This may be a biased opinion but I just find that it is such an easily playable instrument and offers a huge tonal pallet.

Edited by jack1592

cheers jack1592

ive got the chance of a Ibanez SR700 or a SR1600 for just £160 more, is the 1600 worth the extra £160(it has nordstrand pups, doesnt seem to have any other major differences)

ive a an original Peavey Cirrus that i should sell but would never get what its worth and its an amazing bass i just struggle on the 1st/2nd frets with my small hands, im hoping that the 34" Ibanez will be much more suitable

cheers
j

Edited by toolapcblack