Why become a member? ×

Warwick wiring ??

Steveajax

Hello..can any one help with wiring advice/drawing, on replacing my jack socket on my 1988 Streamer,I stumbled upon this site while trying to source a new socket, mine has 3 wires, ground,white & black,I've neard switchcraft stereo tube jack will do,but unsure how to wire it up.any help most appreciated..Thanks....

Not exactly sure, but am pretty sure it goes:

Tip - White
Ring - Black
Sleeve - Ground

The white will be the signal, and the black will be the power ground....so when a mono jack is inserted, the power ground is connected to ground by the sleeve of the jack plug, effectively completing the circuit and turning the preamp on. A switchcraft (or any other quality stereo jack) will do the job just fine.

Again, not sure on the colors as i don't have a warwick so someone please correct me if i'm wrong, however that will certainly be the most logical and conventional method of connecting it.

[quote name='escholl' post='290671' date='Sep 24 2008, 11:05 AM']Not exactly sure, but am pretty sure it goes:

Tip - White
Ring - Black
Sleeve - Ground

The white will be the signal, and the black will be the power ground....so when a mono jack is inserted, the power ground is connected to ground by the sleeve of the jack plug, effectively completing the circuit and turning the preamp on. A switchcraft (or any other quality stereo jack) will do the job just fine.

Again, not sure on the colors as i don't have a warwick so someone please correct me if i'm wrong, however that will certainly be the most logical and conventional method of connecting it.[/quote]
Nice one Feller,I'll get a jack and me soldering iron out ,thanks for the advice,,take care,,,,