Why become a member? ×

Sold
£310

Anywhere

Hi everyone,

Here for sell my Status Energy 4 strings.

What can I say about this bass ? She works with no problems, a very lovely bass and very easy to play. Classic Status flat "D" neck, small body, light weight, solid parts, good and powerful pickups & electronic.

Of course, it's a +-20 years old bass, so she has some scratches, dings, plocs, blops. As you can see in the pictures, some areas of the wood are a bit "dug", but everything works and what an amazing sound.

She comes with the original Status gigbag and the original papers with the serial number of the bass.

Because of the change in exchange rates, I have to revise the price. Sorry about that.

I'm asking for 330£ ... and the shipping cost to UK (I'm located in France) is about 30£.

So [b]360£ shipping cost includes[/b] (with insurance).

Edit: Paypal ok, but add 3.4% of the price shipping cost includes, because there are some fees.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers.

Edited by Anywhere

I have the 5-string version which is my absolute favourite bass ever

This is a lot of bass for the money:
I think you are being unkind to the old lady with 20+ years, mine is 1998 and they were only built with this 'softer' body shape for a few years
The third digit of the serial number will tell you what year in the 90's she was built

The neck is carbon reinforced, so mine only ever needs tuning if I knock one of the tuners
And the carbon means the action can be safely set incredibly low as the neck doesn't move with temperature changes or anything
And it reduces the weight of the neck, so with the tiny headstock it balances perfectly
And the flattened D-shape is incredibly slim and fast, even on the 5-string

Brass nut with zero fret, so very consistent tone between open and fretted notes
Fully locking bridge, so excellent sustain

The pickups are soapbox in shape but are actually single coils with a dummy coil for hum cancelling
Much smoother tone than my carbon necked Status

The two bottom strap buttons mean you can safely leave it leaning against your rig or the wall without it falling over

OK, the treble only cut/boost tone control isn't anything special, but that is easily fixable if you like lots of twiddleability
Although I've currently gone for a KiOgon passive jazz bass style wiring loom which is even less flexible as I find that I don't use tone controls
This bass sounds that good au naturel

In, fact, if this was a 5-string I'd be sorely tempted to replace my other Status which is too pretty to gig

BTW have you thought about putting it on statii.com the Status users website?

GLWTS, not that you will need it

> BassBus : Thank you !

> Dr Harry : Thank you very much, for all these informations !

According to the serial number, the bass was built in 1996 :-)

And yes, exactly, it's a wooden neck with carbon inserts. It's strong. So the neck is very thin, a flat "D" shape indeed, gloss, easy to play.

Concerning Statii, yes, why not I could put an ad in a few days. :happy:

:drinks:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...