Why become a member? ×

erm.. jazz bass thats thinks its MM that says

KennysFord

I fancied a bit of Seller Baiting to cheer me up:

[b]"Hi!

I think you may be slightly mistaken as to the heritage of this bass. It's bodyshape is styled on a Musicman Stingray, which will definately not have come from Fender, and the headstock logo says it's a Precision bass, not a Jazz as per your description.

Does it have any serial numbers, or any other identification to give potential buyers a better clue as to where this bass was actually made?

Thanks
Phil"[/b]

His Reply:

[b]"Hi,i did originaly list the item as looking like a stingray but ebay removed the listing.i bought the bass off ebay around 2 years ago.There are no numbers etc on the bass if there were i would have photo'd them.The finish is very good and it sounds sweet,if it were a musicman i would not have started it at 99 with no reserve,i put jazz on the listing so more people would see it,if i put 'bass guitar' it would get limited viewings,cheers pete. "[/b]

Soo, do I now question his reasoning for putting Fender as the manufacturer, or just get ebay on his arse for all the other infringements he's got? Admitting that he's listed it as a Jazz to get more hits should mean he'll get asked to take it down, for starters, right?

Whatcha recon, anyone else wanna have a poke at him?

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='289264' date='Sep 22 2008, 04:15 PM']I fancied a bit of Seller Baiting to cheer me up:

[b]"Hi!

I think you may be slightly mistaken as to the heritage of this bass. It's bodyshape is styled on a Musicman Stingray, which will definately not have come from Fender, and the headstock logo says it's a Precision bass, not a Jazz as per your description.

Does it have any serial numbers, or any other identification to give potential buyers a better clue as to where this bass was actually made?

Thanks
Phil"[/b]

His Reply:

[b]"Hi,i did originaly list the item as looking like a stingray but ebay removed the listing.i bought the bass off ebay around 2 years ago.There are no numbers etc on the bass if there were i would have photo'd them.The finish is very good and it sounds sweet,if it were a musicman i would not have started it at 99 with no reserve,i put jazz on the listing so more people would see it,if i put 'bass guitar' it would get limited viewings,cheers pete. "[/b]

Soo, do I now question his reasoning for putting Fender as the manufacturer, or just get ebay on his arse for all the other infringements he's got? Admitting that he's listed it as a Jazz to get more hits should mean he'll get asked to take it down, for starters, right?

Whatcha recon, anyone else wanna have a poke at him?[/quote]

Best just leave him. Might not be all ther eup top!

The hard case has GOT to be worth £50! classic.