Why become a member? ×

Hi!

Guest baretas

Guest baretas

Well, it's time to stop lurking around and start doing something... like introducing myself :)

I discovered this forum while searching for a bass to buy, and after some reading I decided to become a member. So, my name is David and I'm from the vicinities of Lisbon (Portugal). I was introduced to the bass about 5 months ago after a friend of mine invited me to be the bass player of his band. And since I'm one of those guys that can't say no to certain challenges, there was no choice but to say yes :huh:
And so he loaned me a 5 string Bach and in one week I learned the basic of the band's songs.

In these 5 months I've been felling more and more attached to the bass guitar, and now I kinda feel that this is the instrument that I was looking for. That's why I've decided to buy my own bass (after a LOT of reading I decided on the Yamaha BB1100S), and recently I began having some bass lessons.

And I guess that for an introduction that's more than enough... :huh:
See ya all around here!

Edited by baretas

Guest baretas

[quote name='Hamster' post='30003' date='Jul 10 2007, 09:52 PM']Hi David and welcome to BassChat :)

It sounds like you've adapted to playing the bass quite quickly! You made an excellent choice with the Yamaha bass.

Enjoy your time here :huh:

Hamster[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome. I know I'll enjoy my time around here. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...