Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang Heart Rock

SisterAbdullahX

Anyone out there own or tried A Glockenklang Heart Rock? I am currently using a Hartke HA 350 with a 4.5xl cab. Sounds nice but a little underpowered. The cab is great, though, so I thought I'd get another (currently £278 at Thomann) and a more powerful amp. I was going to go for a Mark Bass LMII, but heard a few online sound samples that I was really disappointed in. Sounded totally lifeless to me. I know it's hard to tell from a sound sample, will have to get my hands on one. I then thought, well, if I'm gonna get a new amp, I might as well spend now and keep forever. I've read a few reviews on the Glock Heart Rock and it looks like a Rolls Royce of an amp, (with a price to match). It would definitely be powerful enough, 750 watts at 4 ohms into two 4x10's! Anyone got one? I know that just getting another 4.5xl and keeping the HA350 will improve power as the amp will be knocking out it's full 350 watts, but the Glock just appeals to me!

I had the Glock Bassart head and the tone was stunning! I loved it to bits but in a full on ROCK band setting it ran out of steam a little (300w @ 4ohms) but I am talking loud band with limited PA support. 'If' the Heartrock has the same preamp and tone you'd not lack tone and the power section is significantly upgraded from the Bassart. However you are talking mega bucks compared to the head that you have at the moment, so you'd expect improvements in tone :huh:

There are a lot of amps available when you get into this price bracket it isn't a case of one amp being better than another... they will just be different tones. I seriously can't see you being disappointed in the sound if you went for the Glock but be prepared to start thinking about the next weakest link in your tonal chain :)