Why become a member? ×

Jackson JE-2000 pre amps...

DawnPatrol1990

I'm wondering if anyone has one of these laying around at all?

I'm a big megadeth / pantera fan and recently did a lot of reading in to David Ellefson / Rex Brown's basses on some of my favourite albums. Turns out they both used Jackson / Charvel bases loaded with these pre amps so I want to get one to stick in my bass. I have already sourced the pick ups that were used and Before anyone says it, yes I know a lot of it is down to their hands, amps, cabs etc but as I'm aiming more for the Ellefson tone and have aluminium Hartke speakers, I know I'll be able to get something pretty close to what I want.

Anyone know of where to get one of these pre amps or any information on them?

Thanks!

No idea but bear in mind Rex only played his Charvel bass up to Cowboys. VDOP was a Stingray 5 I believe and from then on, Spectors.
I honestly don't think the preamp is vitally important to the sound - I mean, Rex's tone is completely different to Ellefson's.
What bass do you intend to put it in?

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar

Aye I know he only used it on Cowboys and that's my favourite of his tones. If an EMG pre amp or something similar would be close to it then i would go for that but i'd prefer to get the original to go with the original pick ups that i've got for it.

And it's going in an old Jackson bass so that's why i want it to be "as close to original" so to speak. All i know from it is that they came as standard in the shop floor production model of the Charvel 3-B and Jackson Concert basses of the time. I didn't think they would be so hard to get hold of considering the amount of JE-1200 and JE-1500's available on eBay but no JE-2000's on there :(