Why become a member? ×

Multi-purpose Utility Grit/Drive

Truckstop

Hello all,

Getting started with an exciting new covers(!) project that'll involve me needing to have access to various types of grit and drive.

I'm going to need something that can emulate a touch of valve head overdrive (a la Kings of Leon in the Come Around Sundown album), something that gives a little more pushiness kind of like My Morning Jacket in 'Anytime' but also capable of heavy fuzz to nail some Muse lines.

I have an Octave Multiplexer and a Sea Machine for most other sounds and textures, just need a flexible drive to finish off with. I don't really want to have to cart around tonnes of pedals because it's too expensive and I can't be arsed to rig up a pedalboard and piss about with power supplies, leads and cases etc.

I had a Lomenzo for a while but actually found it a bit fizzy and dry. Also had a ProCo TurboRat which I loved but wasn't great at low gain settings. Boss ODB-3 also I found a bit buzzy but liked the flexible EQ. I do have a Boss ME-20b, which is great but a bit bored of it now. I've had it for nearly 5 years!

I accept I may well need to get a seperate fuzz and overdrive but wanted to see if there's an all-in-one option.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Truckstop