Why become a member? ×

A very surprised NBD

Harryburke14

So after running that thread about cheap basses and me at the time not having a clue about bass guitars and what made a good one, I got clued up and saw that there was a lot of praise for the Marcus Miller stuff by Sire. I was going to get myself one...

When I come in from work last night and find that family have already clubbed together and bought me an M3 in black and it was sitting on the living room floor. "Surprise" they said.

But anyway, I'm really liking the bass and the neighbours are no doubt hating it. It came pretty well set up as is, with brand new shiny Daddarios and even in tune (albeit a little flat).

The only issue I've had so far is a faint, but noticeable rattling sound coming from the headstock. I think it's from washers between the tuning pegs and headstock being loose on the E and A strings (I can move them and when I hold them down I can't hear the rattle). So need to find a way to fix it.

Besides that I am a very happy, even more surprised lad. Been p!55ing off the road all morning :)