Why become a member? ×

Anyone done current Rockschool Bass Grade 5 - help!

Niki

I've taken some of the Rockschool Grades for guitar and bass spread out over the years and it's really helped me in terms of motivation and learning new things,

So, I have my Grade 5 exam in a few weeks and the[b] Riff[/b] (should be easy marks) is bugging me. If you know what I'm talking about - I'm stuck with what I should play over the Ebmaj 7 bars, because the 'given shape' sounds wrong (other bars are over m7th shapes). Is it a case of modifying shape to fit or am I missing something obvious?

Second question - can anyone recommend a good teacher somewhere in reach of Cheltenham who knows Rockschool - would love to get further if I can and properly progress my playing.

The exam is the day before the bass show unfortunately... otherwise I could wonder round with a "Rockschool Rescue Required" placard or something.... :D

Thanks!

I'm in Sutton Coldfield, I did the level 6 rock school licentiate thing as part of the final year of my BMus.

Feel free to PM me, I can do Skype if you wish. I don't charge for a 20 minute lesson for basschat members. I've done a bit of teaching on here using Skype.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1454860727' post='2973632']
I'm in Sutton Coldfield, I did the level 6 rock school licentiate thing as part of the final year of my BMus.

Feel free to PM me, I can do Skype if you wish. I don't charge for a 20 minute lesson for basschat members. I've done a bit of teaching on here using Skype.
[/quote]ooh that's worth knowing Ambient👍

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1454860727' post='2973632']

[/quote]

Brilliant, thanks - I will

• 2 weeks later...