Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Precision V - SOLD!!
£195

NJE

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have a 12 month old Squier Vintage Modified Precision V in very good condition. It is a superb bass and incredibly well made, even more so that a lot of basses I have played costing double the new price. There is a huge amount of praise for these on here and even more so on Talkbass.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I bought this with the idea of modifying it for fun. I was going to upgrade the bridge and pickup but when it arrived there was just no point, it was perfectly good stock and it seemed a shame to mess with it. The pickup is great, it sounds like a good classic thumpy Precision and was great for the soul band I played in. The B string is good but sounds like a P bass, don't expect bell like clarity like you would get from a modern active 5 string. The B string was very useful as we had to change the keys of a lot of the soul songs for various vocalists. [/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is my third Precision, but as much I love the look and sound for certain music, I just don't feel that comfortable playing them and have to stop buying them, I'm more of a Jazz/Stingray person and I need to get used to that.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is in very good condition, no dings or scratches or any tarnishing. There are two very thin hairline cracks near the neck pocket that are too small to get on my camera. I will try and take some on another camera to see if they show up. These were present when I bought the bass new from a large internet retailer and are incredibly common with fender style guitars and basses apparently, particularly white ones it seems (maybe just more noticeable with white finish). The neck is rock solid and its purely cosmetic and in the finish, and I certainly wouldn't have even noticed them on a red or sunburst finish.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The company I bought the bass from said it happens a lot with certain finishes on Fenders and I was offered a £20 discount or another bass, but to be honest it didn't bother me at all so I kept it. They haven't got bigger and never affected what is a superb bass.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I paid about £300 new, but the current price is £269 online new and I'm looking for £195 ONO. I have my eye on a couple of replacements but I would consider trades, just not P basses, PM me with any offers or questions.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am happy to ship the bass as I have original Squier box and outer shipping box still, but I only use good couriers and would need to get a proper quote. Alternatively, please feel free to come and collect, I'm just outside Cheltenham near Tewkesbury.[/font][/color]

[attachment=210023:Squier 11.jpg] [attachment=210024:Squier 1.jpg] [attachment=210026:Squier 3.jpg][attachment=210025:Squier 2.jpg] [attachment=210027:Squier 5.jpg] [attachment=210029:Squier 7.jpg] [attachment=210030:Squier 8.jpg] [attachment=210031:squier 9.jpg] [attachment=210032:Squier 10.jpg] [attachment=210033:Squier 12.jpg] [attachment=210034:Squier 13.jpg] [attachment=210035:Squier 15.jpg]

Edited by NJE