Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£200

ahpook

Mahogany-bodied, set neck short-scale EB-3 bass with DiMarzio Model One pickup and Hipshot Supertone bridge.

Bought this earlier this year, spent some money on upgrades but have decided that I need to free up some space so here we go...Plays and sounds fantastic - the only downside is the hatchet job the previous owner did to fit a varitone circuit to the bass. To accommodate the switch they 'excavated' around the existing hole to fit the varitone. Hmmm. It's not pretty, but a spare selector switch just about covers it -the pictures show how it all fits together. Oh, the selector switch for the pickups works back to front. Maaad stuff.

Bodging aside, the varitone does work quite well, allowing a number of different capacitor values to be switched in if you want the mudbucker stylings.

When fitting the Supertone bridge I added an earthing strip from the back pickup stud running into the pickup cavity to improve the string earth, seen on the pics.

More pics here showing the varitone and the slight over-spray on the headstock and my slightly rushed finishing of the scratchplate to fit the DiMarzio. The upper tug bar is just sticky-taped on btw

This is pick-up/meet-up [b]only[/b] in London (Tottenham)

Any more info, please ask.

Edited by ahpook