Why become a member? ×

Nothing for months then...

KevB

My last band split last year, they asked me to go back and start again but I wanted something new. However when you get to 40+ the options become rather less than ideal. So I ended up doing a few jam sessions etc to keep my hand in. Then a mate put me in touch with a band looking for a dep for when their (overstretched) regular bassist couldn't make gigs. After 1 week to learn their set and 2 rehearsals they put me straight in to a showcase gig (oh how we love a bit of pressure...). Regular bass player now has too many commitments to other bands and has stood down and I've been asked to play full time. Then I get a call the other night they are recording a demo tonight and could I make it plus they have 2 gigs booked next week! It's gotta be better than noodling around at home though... :)

that's basically what happened to me recently! I was asked to fill in an empty spot because their bassplayer couldn't mix school etc with gigging (we're all students). Now I am the (hopefully perma) bassplayer and I have to re-record a demo and compete in some battle of the bands things (semi-finals of my county)
i like it though :)