Why become a member? ×

*Withdrawn* Yamaha (Japan) Motion B111 32" Scale Bass
£230

Freddy

[s][b]PRICE DROP NOW £210[/b][/s]
[b]Now £200[/b]

[b]Yamaha Motion B111[/b] (transparent black on two-piece white ash), comes with a good soft case.

This is [b]medium scale[/b] (32”) and was made in Japan, around 1987. It’s used and worn in all the right places (see pics) with a few chips and grazes here and there. The body is white ash and has some really nice grain (I intended to have it completely re-finished in natural).The bass itself is sound with everything is working as it should and it plays really well and sounds sweet. The knobs are not stock but the hardware is ([i]Gotoh[/i] as far as I know). There are [i]Schaller[/i] strap buttons that replaced the originals, [i]Alpha[/i] 500K, a [i]Switchcraft[/i] jack socket has been added and the rear control cavity has been shielded. I got so into it I spent a fair amount on it and had [b]Jon Shuker[/b] do the work on it for me, which, not surprisingly, turned out great. This is what Jon did:

· Brass nut fitted
· Full fretdress/ levelled
· Bridge re-aligned as it had been wrongly fitted at the factory!
· Battery box (the bass had a pre-amp so I had this fitted, but then changed it back to passive…)
· Rear cavity shielded

The neck has 24 frets and in addition to the fret dress, it has been thoroughly cleaned and re-hydrated. It feels/plays great, worn in, comfy and fills the hand without being too big. The neck is narrow and has a 38mm nut width. The fretboard is rosewood with a really nice figure in the grain.The pickups are humbuckers and have some real power (somewhere between a jazz, a precision and maybe even a Gibson… maybe). It’s currently strung with Black tape wounds, which sounds lush.

I got it from TPJ (top guy, by the way) earlier this year as I was having wrist/shoulder problems and needed a break from my Jazz… I have to say, it really helped (well, that and physio!), feeling comfortable, no big reach, not too big in the body and a nice weight (under 9lb).

There aren’t that many 32” scale basses on the market, but this has to be one of the best sounding (without going to hand built/custom stuff) and there are even less of the Motion B 111s; rare? Not sure, but hey, this is a fab bass anyway.
I’m asking [s]£230[/s] [b][s](Now) £210[/s], [/b][b](Now) £200 [/b]to get back some of the cash spent. I am interested in trades; Jazz bass pickups, if anyone has a pair...

I’m in Sheffield and you’re welcome to come and try it but I can post it, if preferred.

Thanks for looking.

Best regards

Freddy

Edited by Freddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...