Why become a member? ×

USA Precision pickups - £35 *** SOLD ***
£40

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1452017042' post='2945593']
If it's from the Am. deluxe it could be the Noiseless pickup?

I have one and they are fantastic IMO.
[/quote]

Hmmm, I don't think it's the Noiseless, no.

I have to find the actual thread that contained the pickup details. It was a USA Precision, maybe it wasn't the DeLuxe? Are there other models that have a "special" name like that? Hmmm.

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1452017042' post='2945593']
If it's from the Am. deluxe it could be the Noiseless pickup?

I have one and they are fantastic IMO.
[/quote]

at least I thought the noiseless had 'noiseless' written on the pickup cover? :mellow:
Dunno.
Can't find the thread either or who I bought it from last Summer.

My MIM Fender Reggie Hamilton J has a US P pup and a noisless J.

Most probably it's a '62 or similar found on some of the MIM Specials from a few years ago.

Still, a great price for a Fender pup.

Edited by Byo

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1452020320' post='2945645']

at least I thought the noiseless had 'noiseless' written on the pickup cover? :mellow:
Dunno.
Can't find the thread either or who I bought it from last Summer.
[/quote]

Weirdly from what I can gather only the Jazz pickups had the N3 Noiseless logo, but maybe it was only the J pickup that was noiseless?

http://intl.fender.com/en-GB/basses/precision-bass/american-deluxe-precision-bass-ash-maple-fingerboard-natural-3-ply-bwb-pickguard/

Anyway, mine sounds great and is from the Am.deluxe, so this will too. Very clear and punchy.

GLWTS

I got it for my fretless, but got lazy and never fitted it. It has a Model P that I'm not entirely keen on as I wanted something a bit more 'traditional'... if nobody goes for it I should try it and see for myself what it sounds like :)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1452027683' post='2945742']
I got it for my fretless, but got lazy and never fitted it. It has a Model P that I'm not entirely keen on as I wanted something a bit more 'traditional'... if nobody goes for it I should try it and see for myself what it sounds like :)
[/quote]

It doesn't sound vintage, but it's not the modern 'scooped' tone either. I'd say it's like an update on a classic P tone. I like it, whether it's the N3 noiseless or not!