Why become a member? ×

SOLD Crown XLS1500 Power Amp Like New £195
£195

adamg67

Here's another sale that's only as a result of my recent MarkBass Multiamp purchase.

Crown XLS1500 Class D Power amp, rated 775 watts per side at 2ohm, 535 watts per side at 4ohm or 300 watts per side at 8 ohm. I used this with a Sansamp RBI preamp and 2 MarkBass Traveler speakers, 8ohm each, one on each side and barely used 1/4 of the volume.

Some good features for a bass power amp, you can run it fine with speakers only on one side, so I had my 2x10 on it's own for rehearsals and then added the 1x15 on the other channel for gigs. As it's stereo, you can tweak the volume of each speaker and don't need to worry about them being balanced I don't think. For bigger gigs all I would have needed to do was chain the 2 x 8 ohm cabs on one side and add 2 more, or a 4 ohm, on the other and that would have given me 1000W+. For crazy volume it will do the full 1500W with 2 ohm speakers. Another nice feature is the "Input Y" setting, which sends the left input to both channels so you don't need stereo out on your preamp, and as a bonus you can use the right channel input as a pass through to feed a desk etc.

And then there's the weight and size, it's 2u but not very deep and it weighs just under 4kg.

All the specs and details here: [url="http://www.crownaudio.com/en-US/products/xls-1500"]http://www.crownaudi...oducts/xls-1500[/url]

Excellent power amp if you already get the tone you want from your preamp, which also means you get more like the same sound FOH as through your bass rig.

Boxed with manual and power lead, not a mark on it anywhere, less than a year old and has never been pushed even vaguely hard.

£195 posted in the UK (Hermes, properly insured).

Some pics, click for bigger versions:

[attachment=208629:xls1500-1.jpg]

[attachment=208630:xls1500-2.jpg]

[attachment=208631:xls1500-3.jpg]

Edited by adamg67