Why become a member? ×

Crossover in Ipswich this week

pete.young

[quote name='pete.young' post='283823' date='Sep 14 2008, 06:47 PM']Hi,

I've got a couple of gigs with Crossover (rock/pop covers) coming up in Ipswich this week:

Thurs 18th Sept - The Milestone
Sat 20th Sept - The Kingfisher

Come along and say hi if you've nothing better to do!

Pete[/quote]

Pleased to see that you are still staying clear of the [b]Railway Inn[/b].

Keep up the good work. :) :huh:

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='284200' date='Sep 15 2008, 01:33 PM']Pleased to see that you are still staying clear of the [b]Railway Inn[/b].

Keep up the good work. :) :huh:[/quote]

The people in the Milestone are very nice people.

Rumour is that The Railway is up for sale, if you fancy moving into the rock and roll pub business.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='chiron-UTS' post='369731' date='Jan 4 2009, 06:50 AM']Ahha thats classic.

I live in ipswich and all origionals (and alot of cover ) bands stay well clear of that place =]

Glad to see its reputation flourish.[/quote]

Indeed.

I gather that the poisonous witch with whom we had our bad experience has long gone.

Maybe there [b]IS[/b] a God after all eh? :) :huh:

Rumor is the landlord/lady from the Milestone (who left after New Year) are taking over the Railway ?? Let's hope so !!

I think the 'witch' mentioned above is now at the Black Horse (?) near the Corn Exchange ??

Edited by darwin

[quote name='darwin' post='370808' date='Jan 5 2009, 12:22 PM']Rumor is the landlord/lady from the Milestone (who left after New Year) are taking over the Railway ?? Let's hope so !!

I think the 'witch' mentioned above is now at the Black Horse (?) near the Corn Exchange ??[/quote]

If so, I must add The Black Horse to my list of "Venues To Avoid Like ThePlague" too!! :) :huh:

Assuming she is continuing her legendary career in the promotion of live music of course. :huh: :huh:

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='370818' date='Jan 5 2009, 12:31 PM']If so, I must add The Black Horse to my list of "Venues To Avoid Like ThePlague" too!! :) :huh:

Assuming she is continuing her legendary career in the promotion of live music of course. :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Only music Pub near the Corn Exchange is the Swan as far as I was aware (waiting for a gig there this month hopefully). Is the Black Horse the one by the Police Station that I've never been in?

God I hope she hasnt become involved with the Swan in any way...

[quote name='Legion' post='370857' date='Jan 5 2009, 01:14 PM']Only music Pub near the Corn Exchange is the Swan as far as I was aware (waiting for a gig there this month hopefully). Is the Black Horse the one by the Police Station that I've never been in?

God I hope she hasnt become involved with the Swan in any way...[/quote]

Or any other music venue on this or any other planet. :) :huh:

I can confirm that Phil and Michelle from the Milestone are going to take over the Railway. Last time I went past it it was still boarded up. I'll let you know when I find out. Dunno who is going into the Milestone but I hope we don't lose that as a music venue.

The Black Horse is the one up by the nick - the last landlord apparently did a runner with the takings some time ago. I don't think it had a great reputation as a music pub, so some things probably won't change ;-)

[quote name='pete.young' post='373588' date='Jan 7 2009, 10:15 PM']I can confirm that Phil and Michelle from the Milestone are going to take over the Railway. Last time I went past it it was still boarded up. I'll let you know when I find out. Dunno who is going into the Milestone but I hope we don't lose that as a music venue.

The Black Horse is the one up by the nick - the last landlord apparently did a runner with the takings some time ago. I don't think it had a great reputation as a music pub, so some things probably won't change ;-)[/quote]

Shame that.

It's the land"lady" who should have been boarded up IMHO. :huh: :)

Hopefully, the new regime can go some way toward builidng a decent reputation in the future eh?