Why become a member? ×

Vanderkley Aurora vs Jule Monique 700 watt (tardis/rack)

urban werner

Hi everybody
Struggling to finding the sound (amp) of my dreams without the possibility to try it out myself.
Right now Im down to comparing Vanderkley Aurora and Jule Monique 700 watt Tardis
Any thoughts about similarities/differences?
Looking for "modern vintage" whatever that means...

Thank U in advance :-)

Guest bassman7755

Well on paper they look like polar opposites in terms of design goals i.e. a clean solid state amp (VD) vs a re-amplified low power all-tube amp (Jule).

The Jule is an interesting proposition as in principal it should offer all an "all tube amp running flat out" sound which is not volume dependent with the bonus of being relatively light weight (compared to a normal all tube amp). Its a nice idea but I'm personally sceptical that it would sound dramatically better than a sans amp / darkglass / modeller pedal in front of any decent solid state amp. but hey if money is no object ..

The VD on the other hand doesn't seem to offering anything special other than this variable speaker damping thing. Not sure I see I the value of spending an extra grand because its "[color=#444444][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Individually handmade in the Netherlands"[/size][/font][/color] - which means what exactly ?, that they plugged in the off the shelf class D module into its socked by hand ?.

If I was not really sure what sort of sound I wanted I would pass on both and grab the markbass multiamp.

Edited by bassman7755

I used to use a DHA VT1 pedal in front of my Little Mark 2 and Mimimark which I loved but Markbass TTE heads are a class above and fit the description of "modern vintage" perfectly.
I would maybe advise a decent eq pedal before the head to easily fix bad rooms (although I don't always use one for most gigs).

• 2 weeks later...