Why become a member? ×

Amp repairs/servicing in North London

NickD

With a return to gigging on the horizon, I've reigned in my GAS (much better spent on basses), and decided for the acousticky type stuff on the cards, my old Trace combo will be just fine.

It's been a number of years since I've used it, and between to Gain and Output pots it's crackly and jumpy in terms of volume. I've had the speaker out, and hoovered the cavity, and everything seems fine in there, but the amp section is riveted shut... probably for the best, as I might be tempted to have a mess around in there if not.

It's been stored in the house, dry and warm, and I suspect it's mostly just the pots playing up through lack of use, so for peace of mind reckon it's worth someone having a look properly. I've used Guitar Aid before for instruments, as it's not a problem on the tube (I'm in Harrow), but for this weighty little beast I need somewhere I can drive to and park at, so around the north of London would be best.

I've had a look around and MPH in Edmonton looks do-able... Has anyone used him, and if so would you recommend him?

Thanks in Advance!

:)