Why become a member? ×

Headless Fretless Bass
£550

mybass

Asking what I think is a decent £550 on Basschat for this lovely headless fretless I made a while back that is virtually unused except for two gigs. A mini 'hit' at a recent bass bash, it has a beautiful body made from very old mahogany for the back with black USA walnut top and a five piece maple/wenge neck with macassar ebony fingerboard. Pickups are Seymour Duncan humbuckers, passive controls. The tuning system cost a small fortune, even for a licensed system. It has a 'Warwick' soft case too. Made for myself, I found I was not a headless person though I sometimes lose my head when paying out for woods and hardware for new basses! The bass sound though is huge, from a great wood and pickup combination. It was a one off but I like the design with top contour off a P bass which does give it a 'full' bass feel. There are two large size end strap buttons that provide alternate playing strap options. It uses normal single ball end strings.
Just to add that I have been making basses albeit as a part time builder for over 15 years, usually to order rather than a 'production line' merchant. My own use basses have seen thousands of gigs and using them myself on gigs is usually how orders have come in. Always set up and 'settled in' before going out on the road.

Edited by mybass

My hat is off to you as you did a fine job on this !!

If by Stratford , you meant Stratford Connecticut in the U.S.A. , I would meet you , but I'm certain you don't. ..

Funny thing is ,there is a Shakespeare Theater in Stratford that at one time hosted some fine concerts.

Again , Great work !!

[quote name='spuggy9' timestamp='1450650193' post='2934659']
My hat is off to you as you did a fine job on this !!

If by Stratford , you meant Stratford Connecticut in the U.S.A. , I would meet you , but I'm certain you don't. ..

Funny thing is ,there is a Shakespeare Theater in Stratford that at one time hosted some fine concerts.

Again , Great work !!
[/quote]
Hey thanks for the kind comments 'spuggy9'....sorry I won't quite make it to your Stratford!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1450635990' post='2934493']
Asking what I think is a decent £550 on Basschat for this lovely headless fretless I made a while back that is virtually unused except for two gigs. A mini 'hit' at a recent bass bash, it has a beautiful body made from very old mahogany for the back with black USA walnut top and a five piece maple/wenge neck with macassar ebony fingerboard. Pickups are Seymour Duncan humbuckers, passive controls. The tuning system cost a small fortune, even for a licensed system. It has a 'Warwick' soft case too. Made for myself, I found I was not a headless person though I sometimes lose my head when paying out for woods and hardware for new basses! The bass sound though is huge, from a great wood and pickup combination. It was a one off but I like the design with top contour off a P bass which does give it a 'full' bass feel. There are two large size end strap buttons that provide alternate playing strap options. It uses normal single ball end strings.
[/quote]

bump

• 6 months later...

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1450635990' post='2934493']
Just to add that I have been making basses albeit as a part time builder for over 15 years, usually to order rather than a 'production line' merchant. My own use basses have seen thousands of gigs and using them myself on gigs is usually how orders have come in. Always set up and 'settled in' before going out on the road.
[/quote]

bump