Why become a member? ×

FS: ESP-made Seymour Duncan jazz, OW / tortoise SOLD
£800

Hooch

If you're after a lovely and really nice-sounding jazz, then you may have a look at this one. I'm selling my ESP-made Seymour Duncan Professionnal series jazz. These basses had a 180 000 yens streetprice 15 years ago, they're great piece of craftmanship with nice woods such as Honduras rosewood for fingerboard. This one was hand-made in Japan during late 90s and remains in good shape. A few marks here and there, two knocks on the side of the body, and that's all.

It's a 62 jazz replica : slab fingerboard, alder body, full nitro lacquer, bone nut... except a few specs such as a quartersawn maple neck, medium-sized frets, and japanese Gotoh tuning pegs instead of Kluson-reverse ones.

The neck is great. Frets and trussrod have a lot of life left, neck's straight with a nice low action, 45-105 roundwounds, no fretbuzz anywhere. It's a strong, stable, fast and comfy neck, strung with 45-105 d'Addario roundwounds.

The weight is not bad for a jazz : 4,1 kgs / 8lbs 8ozs

As for the sound, i'd say it's on par with high-end stuff such as Navigator jazz bass (had a few of them at home). Great defined lows combined with the typical jazz growl many of us are after. Both pickups (Seymour SJB-1 i guess) sound great, a thumpy neck PU and a gnarly bridge PU, with loads of harmonics. Some jazzes sound great at home and get lost at some point within the band. This one really shines in a live situation.

As for the price : [s]800£[/s] [b]reduced to 730£[/b] shipping to Europe included (I live in Paris, France). The bass comes with a non-original flight case, in good-shape too and pretty convenient as it's surprinsgly light. I can ship the bass in january, until then i won't have the appropriate parcel for the shipping, sorry !

[url="http://www.casimages.com/i/151213053400507516.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Hooch

Thanks :) The OW has a yellowed-creamy colour, the closest picture being the one of the back of the body.

Got to say i'm a kind of a "jazz bass nerd", i tried many of them. And this one has everything i'm looking for in a jazz: medium-to-light weight, strong and damn-straight neck, growly tone combined with deep and defined lows... and it's a nice bass too !

• 3 weeks later...