Why become a member? ×

Opening a thread at the oldest unread post

cybertect

On the mobile version of the site, when I open a thread that I've already looked at, in common with most other forums I use, it takes me to the oldest post that I've [i]not [/i]seen yet.

This doesn't happen on the desktop version of the site; the thread is always opened on the first page. So if I happen to open a multi-page thread, I have to page my way forward until I can find some stuff I think I've not seen, or go to the last page and work my way backward.

Is there something I've missed in the settings or is this just unavoidable behaviour? Seems a bit odd that it works brilliantly when I'm using my phone, but not at all on my desktop or laptop computers.

Tried with both Safari 9 and Google Chrome on Mac OS X 10.10 FWIW (and I use mobile Safari on my iPhone with iOS 9.1)

cheerz

Rob

Good afternoon, Rob[quote name='cybertect' timestamp='1449234762' post='2921812']...
Is there something I've missed in the settings or is this just unavoidable behaviour?...
[/quote]

I use Chrome on a PC. On the left of any topic, there's a dot which takes me to the next unread post (see below...)

Does this help..? Not sure about other OS or browsers. :unsure:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1449236821' post='2921843']
Good afternoon, Rob

I use Chrome on a PC. On the left of any topic, there's a dot which takes me to the next unread post (see below...)

Does this help..? Not sure about other OS or browsers. :unsure:
[/quote]

Yes, that does the trick nicely. Thanks.