Why become a member? ×

Reidys in rochdale

Geek99

I've noticed that they have very cheap Squier VMJs advertised - does anyone have any experiences with Reidys? Its a bit of a journey for me so I want to be sure they're alright to deal with.

On another note, does anyone know if the Greasebucket tone circuit in the Highway one is avaiable/can be retrofitted to a VMJ? (or advise against it)

Edited by Geek99

[quote name='Geek99' post='282095' date='Sep 11 2008, 07:25 PM']I've noticed that they have very cheap Squier VMJs advertised - does anyone have any experiences with Reidys? Its a bit of a journey for me so I want to be sure they're alright to deal with.

On another note, does anyone know if the Greasebucket tone circuit in the Highway one is avaiable/can be retrofitted to a VMJ? (or advise against it)[/quote]

£210 delivered? I'd get it by post.

sure, that would be cheaper than the petrol to get there, however I wouldnt get to check I like playing it, or that the neck suits me, that it has nice grain, or whether its a two or three piece body (which a poster said was important to the tone on another jazz bass thread)

Apols for the Cheap S post - I was having a spazzy moment and hit Enter too soon.

[quote name='Geek99' post='283091' date='Sep 13 2008, 10:48 AM']sure, that would be cheaper than the petrol to get there, however I wouldnt get to check I like playing it, or that the neck suits me, that it has nice grain, or whether its a two or three piece body (which a poster said was important to the tone on another jazz bass thread)

Apols for the Cheap S post - I was having a spazzy moment and hit Enter too soon.[/quote]

Ah yesss I know what you mean.. and if you go to reidys with the readies you may be able to negotiate for some strings and things in the deal

I was in Reidys the other day with a view to buying a Tele. They had the old American series plus the new American Standard, both of which were lovely guitars however there was only £30 difference between the two and bearing in mind the older one came with the crappy moulded case the owner wouldn't negotiate on price which put me right off. The actual assistant (John) was fine though and it wasn't his fault. I've been buying and selling guitars for 20+ years so I'm certainly no kid but not to even attempt to haggle a price on old stock is a bit strange. I've never had this problem anywhere else so as a result my business is likely to go elsewhere.

Also they have a shop floor price and an internet price and will not give you the internet price if you turn up in person. I made two trips on consecutive days from Manchester up to Blackburn so I was serious about the purchase. I've told John about this site so if he joins maybe we can have his input.

By the way the VMJ was up on the wall while I was there.