Why become a member? ×

Yamaha MSG/Image Deluxe
£750

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]For those familiar with the work of legends Alan Murphy or Bireli Lagrene these instruments won't need any introduction. For those who don't, they're perhaps one of the most under rated guitars currently available on the used market and enjoy a cult following for a good reason. The instrument was designed by British luthier Martyn Booth for Yamaha and was released to rave reviews in 1989. The build quality and tone is easily on a par with PRS and Gibson and the Signature range of instruments now built by Martyn independently are based on the same design and his prices start at £2995. By comparison, this instrument represents one a hell of a bargain...which is why I currently own three.[/color]

[color=#000000]The instrument weighs 3.9 kg, the body and neck are both mahogany and the 25" scale neck is glue-set into the body. The fingerboard is ebony and body is capped with a AAA grade maple top which the pictures don't do justice to. The electronics are passive and both stock pickups can be coil split providing an enormous variety of tones to suit genres from jazz to metal. If there was industry crown for a single instrument that could cover a wide range of musical genres, this guitar would have to be a serious contender. The neck on this instrument is straight with little fret wear and capable of providing very easy action with little fret buzz when strung with 009's.[/color]

[color=#000000]The instrument has a limited amount of player wear as shown in the photographs. The worst is probably on the bottom horn as shown in photos, but the chips are very isolated and could be easily repaired using [color=#545454]Cyanoacrylate[/color] without needing to refinish the whole instrument. There are also buckle indentations on the back of the instrument which don't photograph very well or crack the finish. A gig bag will be included with the sale.[/color]

[color=#000000]I've owned it for just under two years and originally purchased it from Angel Music on Denmark Street. I'm selling because I need to rationalise my collection so if it doesn't sell, the instrument will go on consignment.[/color]

[color=#000000]Would prefer to meet in central London or for collection from Lee, SE London. But given reasonable notice to pack and weigh, the seller is welcome to arrange their own courier collection after Nov 23.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][color=#222222][/color][/color]

[color=#000000][/color]