Why become a member? ×

yet another compressor thread - stompbox v rackmount

steve-bbb

im currently scanning reviews from the forum and interwebs n stuff but would appreciate the combined wisdom of the basschat collective on the pros and cons of rackmount versus stompbox

i currently use for gigging an LH500 head with the limiter button on (there is no adjustment) - i also use permanently on a boss LMB3 but use it mainly for the tone enhancement and have the compression set very minimal on this and allow the LH500 to do its thing (whatever that is)

im toying with the idea if it suits my desires to maybe go for a nice rackmount compressor to sit alongside a korg pitchblack and my lh500 head and then have stompboxes for any other effects (as much as i love the whistles and bells of digital modelling units i really do prefer the idot proof simplicity of the stomp boxes) (i reg use a DD3, Boss bass Chorus and occasionally AW3 but not much more)

your inputs are muchly appreciated in advancement :)

I have the LH 500 and a rack mount compressor. The Harte site the says the fx loop is before the volume, but not on mine it isn't. Adjusting the volume on the amp means adjusting the threshold on the compressor.

The LMB3 is a nice compressor pedal for not a lot of bucks. I've had a few different pedal comps and IMO you've got to spend 3X the price of a used LMB3 to get something significantly better.