Why become a member? ×

Screwed screws ... advice needed

A.G.E.N.T.E.

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Dear fellas, i need your expertise and advices...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]I was trying to adjust the pickup height on my warwick streamer bolt on, but it seems that the previous owner screwed a few screws. Some of them aren´t working at all even though i got them rotating.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]The thing is, i can get them rotating, but they just don´t come out no matter for how long i keep turning them. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]When i looked closer in to the pickup holes i noticed that the screws are attached to some kind of metalic washer. I belive either the screw or the washer got damaged (maybe both). Any one had the same issue?[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Are there any surprises i should know when trying to remove the old ones? [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Thanks in advance[/size][/font][/color]

I'm not familiar with the interals of Warwick basses, but don't they use a threaded insert? This is like a metal piece inserted into the wood to act as a nut for your adjuster bolt. Perhaps a previous owner has done something to wear the wood away, so the knurled insert no longer grips the wood. You may need to prise the pickup out as best you can, separate the insert from the bolt and then glue it back into place with some epoxy

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1446387995' post='2898957']
I'm not familiar with the interals of Warwick basses, but don't they use a threaded insert? This is like a metal piece inserted into the wood to act as a nut for your adjuster bolt. Perhaps a previous owner has done something to wear the wood away, so the knurled insert no longer grips the wood. You may need to prise the pickup out as best you can, separate the insert from the bolt and then glue it back into place with some epoxy
[/quote]

Thanks Norris.