Why become a member? ×

smartwater - anti-theft ink

EBS_freak

I postcoded my things using a UV marker pen in awkward places that can't be easily cleaned off, such as behind the neckplate, reverse of the control plate, under the cab/amp case, inside the battery compartment...

That's OK for normal things, but what about marking "valuable" items such as vintage Fenders and Rickenbakers?

Would you want to use smartwater/UV pen on those?

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='280361' date='Sep 9 2008, 01:58 PM']I postcoded my things using a UV marker pen in awkward places that can't be easily cleaned off, such as behind the neckplate, reverse of the control plate, under the cab/amp case, inside the battery compartment...

That's OK for normal things, but what about marking "valuable" items such as vintage Fenders and Rickenbakers?

Would you want to use smartwater/UV pen on those?[/quote]

Apparently so. Due to the value of a couple of the instruments I am insuring, they want me to smartwater them. Apparently the DNA-esque coding is unique to me and enables the police to trace the item to myself and my Allianz policy.