Why become a member? ×

** ON HOLD** Fender Precision MIM 1998 in blue only £185!!
£185

tazza1

Thought this had sold but unfortunately it wasn't collected so it's back up again :(

1998/99 Mexican Fender Precision

Over the last 18 months I've become very disillusioned with playing & I've decided to sell most of my gear to fund my motorsport. I will be advertising a few basses over the next little while so here is the first of them.

The serial number dates it to 1998/99 & being around 16 years old it has it's fair share of battle scars which I've to tried to capture in the photo's. They're mainly scratches commensurate with use, this bass has been gigged extensibly (any white spots in the photo's are the flash from the camera).

I've not seen too many in this blue colour - not sure what it's called! (I think Fender also did a Jazz in this colour too around the same period)

A previous owner sprayed the white scratchplate matt black which looks OK but I had intended to buy a gold andodised plate for it but never got round to it. It might also look good with a mirror finish plate. There are a few small areas where the black paint is wearing off the scratchplate. It's also been fitted with black volume & tone knobs.

It plays & sounds like it should but would probably benefit from new strings & a set up as it hasn't been played for a while.

There is an old battered ABS Fender case that I will let go with this for free - one of the clasps is missing but it will still protect the bass.

I've had a couple of very bad experiences with couriers & I just don't trust them anymore so this is collection only - hence the low price.

There are a couple of options for this - you can either collect from my work address in Thurmaston (Leicester) during weekdays or early evening (unfortunately you won't be able to put the bass through an amp) or I'm in Norfolk most weekends (Hales near Norwich) so I can arrange to be there for you to collect on a Saturday or Sunday as long as you can give me a few days notice.

I won't accept offers on this as I think the price is low enough but I may be interested in a trade for a Stagg EUB.

Here's a link to some pic's (please excuse the quality - I'm not a good photograper!!) - the fudge is not included!!

[url="http://1drv.ms/1GxQYCO"]http://1drv.ms/1GxQYCO[/url]

Thanks for looking - any questions please PM me

Edited by tazza1

[quote name='Russ' timestamp='1445895733' post='2895233']
Just checked my old PMs - this is my old bass. :D I sold it to you back in January 2014!

Buyers - this is a bloody good P-bass for the money, so someone snap it up quick before I buy it back... :)
[/quote]

Thanks Russ - yes it is a great bass & it looks as though it's now sold. I must admit I'm reluctantly selling it but I'm not playing anymore & I can't forsee me playing any time soon.