Why become a member? ×

Gone-sold! Overwater J Series 5 String

Simon

[size=7][b]SOLD!
[/b]
[/size]
Hello, this is the first of some reluctant sales from me - but I have some major GAS for a nice Sadowsky and it has to be funded through sales!

This is an Overwater J Series 5 String. I don't know all details, but i'll try my best with what I do know. There is some info on the Overwater websute: [url="http://www.overwaterbasses.com/j-series.htm"]http://www.overwaterbasses.com/j-series.htm[/url]

It is loaded with an active J-Retro and hand-wound Kent Armstrong pickups. It is vintage white in colour with a Tortoise shell pickguard, along with matching headstock. Also has a classic pickup cover which you can see fitted in the last couple of pictures.

It does have some dings in the finish, maybe 3 or 4 around the edge of the body. It will come with the hard case photographed with the bass.

I believe they sell new for around £1900. I'd like to be looking at £1000 or around that kind of area.

It plays like a dream, by far the best 5 string I have played.

Hit me up through PM if you are interested.

Edited by Simon

I could be wrong...... but i'm sure this was Laurence's own Instrument.

If it's the one i'm thinking of it's good enough to make me want a 5 string again !!!!

Anyway... what am I saying any overwater is good enough to make me want to buy it......

The only 2 5 string basses i've owned have been Overwaters !!

GAS>>>>>

Hi Marcus, I've no idea who Lawrence is, so i couldn't tell you.

I have owed some 5 Strings in my time though, and this is by far and away the most comfortable I have played!

Fortunately for someone else, I'm more of a 4 string player now.

[quote name='bleedproof' post='279273' date='Sep 7 2008, 07:09 PM']1 piece maple neck, rosewood board and most probably a Tulipwood body as it's a solid finish with Vintage body shape. Hipshot style B bridge and 1/2 inch Ultralite M/Heads It's also probably pre 2003/4 but can't be accurate from the photographs.

Stu[/quote]

Wow, you know more about it than i do! LOL

Thanks for the info.