Why become a member? ×

Function band gigging?

Fisheth

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1444813366' post='2886203']
Blue - I guess if the money is your prime motivator then you play anything to earn the bucks. For me, playing music I don't like is a chore and spoils my enjoyment of something I like doing. Music isn't my livelihood - it's something I want to enjoy.[/quote]

I enjoy playing every single song we play. I also love The fact that I get paid for doing something I love doing.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1445030834' post='2888387']

I enjoy playing every single song we play. I also love The fact that I get paid for doing something I love doing.

Blue
[/quote]
+1

In fact I'd go as far as to say as I enjoy playing, the song itself can sometimes be irrelevant. Then again i do like all the songs we play at the moment, even though quite a few are complete new to me.
Saying that, doing the same songs week in week out can start to become a chore if the set isn't rotated every now and then.

This was the issue with my last band. Two of the members just wanted to get through the same songs every week, never progressing and never learning new songs. After a couple of years like this even my easy going attitude got to boiling point.

Edited by dave_bass5