Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Gallien-Krueger MB200
£150

discreet

[b]*SOLD* Gallien-Krueger MB200[/b]

[b]Specifications:[/b]
[b][url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/mb-200-specs"]http://www.gallien-k...om/mb-200-specs[/url][/b]

I picked this up recently as part of a deal with the intention of keeping it as a back-up for my large Class A/B SS amp and, excellent amp though the MB undoubtedly is, I'm now in (another) loud rock band and I want to be able to cut it in all possible situations if my main amp goes tits-up... including large venues (if we do any!) so I'd like to get an MB500 as a back-up instead - just as a bit of insurance, really. Probably unnecessary to be honest, but anyway this MB200 is up for sale.

It's [i]really [/i]tiny - 7.75" wide, 1.75" high (without rubber feet) and 8" deep. So it'll fit in your gig bag with no problems whatsoever. It's light, too - less than 1kg. Rated at 200W RMS @ 4ohms and 140W RMS @ 8ohms. Front panel: One 1/4" (6.3mm) Jack input, -10db pad for active basses, a single Gain control, Contour switch - this cuts the mids for a scooped sound - it's either on or off. I doubt you would want to have this switched in live, as I suspect you'd lose your mids somewhat, but it does make the amp sound nice and lush at home-playing levels. Treble, Hi-Mid, Lo-Mid, Bass EQ controls. And of course, a power switch. It has a ring LED which changes from red to blue when it's ready to rock, just like its big brothers, the G-K MB500/MB800 and Fusions.

On the rear we have an AC mains socket, XLR Direct Out with Pre or Post toggle, Aux in for playing your tunes through the amp (good for late-night headphone noodling), and a switched output that doubles as a headphone out or a line out depending on how you've toggled it. And of course the ubiquitous Neutrik Speakon speaker output - of which there is only one, so if you want to use two 8ohm cabs for maximum 4ohm beans, you will need to daisychain your cabs. Or use a single 4ohm cab, of course. :)

How does it sound? Well, it's very good indeed. In fact it's something of a giant-killer given its size. It does share some tone with its bigger brothers - albeit with slightly less headroom and fewer EQ options - but the MB200 does have its own sound too, and you can definitely start to hear a bit of gain break-up at higher levels. It's SS break-up of course, but it's very musical and usable and it works well in the real world - and that's the bottom line. Think more MB500 than Fusion.

It's very simple, very small, very light and it sounds very good. It's also very affordable. I initially considered this as a back-up amp, a purpose for which it is quite well-suited due to it's miniscule size, but it's really much better than that and would serve you very well as your main gigging and recording amp, depending on how loud your band plays live and whether or not you have PA support. Like the rest of the G-K MB range, you don't need a preamp or sound-shaper in front of this little fellow - it sounds just great straight out of the box, it's totally plug and play. And its convenience, portability, simplicity, power and tone make it almost irresistible.

This example is in very good condition and everything works just as it should. There are NO build-quality issues, dents, blemishes or dings, [i]except [/i]for a couple of small scratches on the base where they can't be seen in use. In fact, the amp itself can't really be seen in use from about more than ten yards away... Item will be well-packed and despatched via an appropriately tracked and signed-for method. I will PM the buyer an ETA and tracking information. My feedback is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/263574-discreet/page__hl__discreet"]here[/url].

[b]*SOLD*[/b]
I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet