Why become a member? ×

Fender Modern Player Jazz V (SOLD)
£400

EmmettC

I've just bought Sandberg TM5, so it's time to thin the herd a little.

I'm selling my Fender made in China 5 string Jazz bass, these are not being made any more, but they were great basses. This one has Hipshot machine heads, Hipshot string retainers, a custom Tort scratch plate (by the Bass Doc), Fender Roscoe Beck pickups and a custom loom. It has two volume knobs, and a switch for each pickup giving series, parallel and single coil options. I didn't add a tone knob as I've always used it with a Sadowsky pre-amp/di box which I will add in for another £100. It comes with the original scratch plate and pickups.

Edited by EmmettC

Thanks for the comments, I think the pickups made a huge difference, I really like the tone of it. I've mostly played it with the middle pickup as a single coil and the bridge as a humbucker in series. Still very Jazz sounding just a bit meatier.

Edited by EmmettC

I'm not looking for anything, so it's very unlikely but worth offering in case you have something I didn't know I needed. I'm really trying to get rid of basses, but could be convinced by an EBS Microbass, or effects, or possibly a cabinet.