Why become a member? ×

Ebs 360+valve drive= td 660 or fafner?..

fonkyme

Hi
I already had a 350 and I plan to buy another, but 360 with the foot switch.
I want to know if an ebs hd 360 plus a valve drive is close or far from the td660 in terms of sounding.
Except for the sound power which is different 350W versus 660W
But I don need so much power.
If I ask this question it's because it can save me weight , space, and money
Thanks

• 1 month later...

hi.

just seen this.....

i had a 350. it was old and died. got a 360 but no matter what they say at ebs its different. the top end has changed. in fact I found it sounded different overall.these diffrences were the "improvments" they made which could well be what a lot of players out there want but to my ears these were horrible changes. i argued this a lot with them and they tried to fob me off with a replacment part that when fitted would make it just like the 350. it did nothing what so ever so I can asume this was some kind of a c**t test to see if i was talking out my arse. any way after a lot of email tennis they sent me "the last 350 in stock".

if you dont need more power then i would suggest you see if you can try the 360 as you might prefer what you already have so may well save a few bob going with the pedal option. considering their pedals are the dogs you cant go wrong here!

IMO
:)

[quote name='bassjim' timestamp='1446556281' post='2900243']
got a 360 but no matter what they say at ebs its different. the top end has changed. in fact I found it sounded different overall.these diffrences were the "improvments" they made which could well be what a lot of players out there want but to my ears these were horrible changes.
[/quote]

This! This! This!

I have been playing a 360 in rehearsal and it is a nice amp. I can't say I have noticed too much difference from playing the 350 to 360 in terms of top end EQ, though I'm not doing much slap and pop stuff so I have not really been pushing it.

I have the blue stripe Fafner as well and the Valve Drive. I wouldn't say that '360 + Valve Drive' = the 660 or Fafner sound. I always thought the 350 and 650 sounded pretty similar in terms of EQ structure and were both a bit more user friendly than the Fafner I. The Fafner II just looks a bit over the top in terms of design for me.