Why become a member? ×

ibanez tonelock sb7 synth pedal

Mod_Machine

Hello,
any experiences of this Ibanez syth pedal - or am i better with the digitech synth wah (is wah constant?).
Some people rate the really cheap Behringer Bass synth bsy600 - others despise it.
Please dont recommend the Akai deep impact, or e/h micro synth as wish for something half decent but less than £100!

Its different to the BSW as its all analog so it has the more filter fuzz sound to it I've always considered it to be the poor mans prunes and custard. So there is nop tracking with analog its triggering so if you play consistently your sound out of the pedal will be consistant inregards to a constant wah'ing

For synth and less than £100 you'd be better off getting a Subdecay Noisebox from America much better and much more unique, or if you want something more dubby and octave down sounding the Sinister Analog Soul Provider

But really the SB7 and BSW are so different you could easily have both on a board. BSW is one of the best octavers in the world as well incase you want to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Cool cheers - ive only been able to find the subdecay for about £120 which if i was spending that much i would go for the electro harmonix micro synth at a few pounds more as love electro harmonix gear. Plus previous probs with ordering direct from america mean ill only do it through a UK co.

What about the DIGITECH SYNTH WAH?

Do you mean not the Bass version because it's not very good most guitarists I know that use the digitech opt for the bass one.

Personally I've bought around 100 pedals from america and only lost 1 and it was replaced straight away, but it's your choice if you shop around you can probably find the digitech and Ibanez for 80 quid for the pair.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='277074' date='Sep 4 2008, 03:00 PM']For synth and less than £100 you'd be better off getting a Subdecay Noisebox from America much better and much more unique, or if you want something more dubby and octave down sounding the Sinister Analog Soul Provider[/quote]

I've got a Soul Provider for sale, btw.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='277278' date='Sep 4 2008, 06:47 PM']Apart from the complete lack of anything digital in the SB-7 making it not track at all, I think the problem is more to do with your settings[/quote]

Who knows, maybe Ibanez want them to glitch and generally sound like a circuit bent furby at anything below the open A string :)

Oh yeah, a serious problem with the SYB5 was the input level from my basses was never enough to make a lot of the settings work - I had to play with hard attack which caused... glitch glitch glitch... What a brilliant pedal.

Ok,
Has anyone played with the Behringer bsy600 base synth pedal. From what ive been told its a direct copy of the Boss SYB5 but with a bit better tracking - the reason i ask is it offers the op of holding the synth sound using your foot and being able to play over it with your unaffected bass tone.
Again im after some of those retro dance new wave synthesizer sounds (as un bass like as you can get) for intro's and to fill up air in middle eights, outros etc.
For those that have heard the firts track off Bloc Partys new album 'intimacy' i really like the buzzsaw style effect on his guitar and although not after anything exactly like that, i defo want somethin to provide those slightly different old skool dance sounds...but also on a budget as may only ever use it a couple of times, and without it always being so over the top it sounds like an alien regurgitating a half eaten Chicken vindaloo.