Why become a member? ×

EA iAmp micro 300 - now sold
£50

andybassdoyle

So, mods might need to help me with this, read on.....

Doing some clearing up and found this EA iAmp micro 300 dating back to 2007. It is in mint condition having only been removed from it's box once or twice.

These days micro lightweight amps are pretty common but this was a kind of forerunner I suppose, weighing around 2lbs and being the size or a car radio. I imported it when they launched and I believe I may have been one of the first few people to see one in the UK.

Problem is there was/is an issue with the power transformer. It hums a bit and get's warm. I immediately contacted EA in the US when I received it and unfortunately they were unable to help (the internal transformer should be universal voltage) the issue apparently being some complicated early snagging. In the end they sent me a new iAmp 500 as a replacement.

So bottom line I'm selling this as parts or for someone who can attend to the power supply issue. Happy to receive offers on this basis but I figured the main amp itself being in mint condition it must be worth something...?

Appreciate this is a little unconventional so please do get in touch if you have any questions.

Btw proceeds of this will be donated to BC!

Pics:

[attachment=200038:20150904_2112011.jpg]
[attachment=200039:20150904_2112071.jpg]
[attachment=200040:20150904_2112111.jpg]
[attachment=200042:20150904_2112231.jpg]

Edited by andybassdoyle