Why become a member? ×

my violin bass...

marcus bell

[quote name='budget bassist' post='275816' date='Sep 2 2008, 09:45 PM']I think i want your jaydee![/quote]

lovely aint it mate :),
i would never let it go my dad gave it me a few years ago when he thought i was getting good, though there is still the argument that im not good now lol

i love your musicman too i tried one of them in a shop in rugby about a year ago and was knocked out by its sound

thanks

marcus

[quote name='budget bassist' post='275874' date='Sep 2 2008, 10:47 PM']Thanks man :) t'is very nice, love the finish on the jaydee. Not a huge fan of the hofner style violin style basses but the flame top on that one makes it look pretty classy[/quote]

its cherry red mate, but you can see the lovely wood grain through it :huh:, it is darker than the usual cherry jaydees that i have seen about, and about the violin bass well its a bit of a one trick pony plays beatles tunes perfectly :huh:...and the flame looks nice :huh:...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='275875' date='Sep 2 2008, 10:49 PM']Hey Marcus, that's nice :) One of my pupils has one & it plays every bit as well as the Hofner I had![/quote]

it does play really nice, i cant wait to get a set of flats for it, then itll sound exactly like macca :huh:...

'your pupils' so you teach???

marcus