Why become a member? ×

*NOW TRADED/GONE '96 German Warwick Corvette Bass - rare Bubinga + wenge + upgrades
£540

goonieman

TRADED/GONE

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST

Hi All,

[color=#333333]This is a pretty rare '96 "Golden Era" Warwick Corvette - an awesome player. I truly LOVE the playability, shape and balance of this beauty (no neck dive) - but my Warwick experiment has more or less ended: I've decided i'm more of a stingray type of guy. I can't really get on without that 'zing' from the humbucker and stingray preamp.[/color]

[color=#333333]Would trade for stingray 2EQ, an EBMM Sterling, or a stingray-ish type bass (a (maybe something else?), but cash is preferred.[/color]

[color=#333333]Body and neck are the rare Wenge and Bubinga combination to give that signature 'Warwick Thumb' tone. In fact, aside from pickup location, there is not much in it comparing to a Thumb really (IMO). This corvette will get you 90% toward that Thumb tone at a much cheaper price! [/color]

[color=#333333]Not the chunky neck version on this... closer to the slim profile.[/color]

[color=#333333]MEC pickups with an upgraded 'Glockenklang' preamp (£100) . These preamps are hi-fi to say the least - super crisp transparent tones on tap, very well balanced and no 'hiss'! Passive-Active push-pull [/color]

[color=#333333]Frets have been levelled and crowned (£100) It plays factory fresh with no 'valleys' in the frets or undue buzzing. Relief set low too (6-8 thou). Truss rod works perfectly. The bass has been well cared for (waxed regularly).[/color]

[color=#333333]There is a chip (1mm x 3mm) in the side of the neck at first fret - small, and is never felt when playing (see photo of headstock on left). Other tiny marks and bruises as you would expect, but nothing significant at all. No buckle rash! [/color]

[color=#333333]Recessed straplocks (you'll need to buy the dunlop ones to fit it).[/color]

[color=#333333]Setup with DR hi-beams, low and fast effortless action. [/color]

[color=#333333]Comes with the fantastic Just-a-nut 1 - fully adjustable and in perfect condition with no gouges in it. [/color]

[color=#333333]These Proline (German) wenge versions are also rare because they had to start using Ovangkol when their supply ran out in the late 90s. [/color]

[color=#333333]What more can I say... this is an absolute killer bass! Great patterns in that wood! [/color]

[color=#333333]Comes with a new warwick gigbag (has a 4 inch cut in one side - but only on the first layer of material, not the foam). [/color]

[color=#333333]I prefer to deal face to face. Meet in London? . However, I would consider posting.[/color]

[attachment=198676:IMG_4693.jpg]
[attachment=198677:IMG_4701.JPG]
[attachment=198678:IMG_4704.JPG]
[attachment=198679:IMG_4726.JPG]

Edited by goonieman