Why become a member? ×

Any thoughts on the Eden WTX264 260w Mini Bass Amp Head?

Naetharu

Hi folks,

I'm in the market for a new bass amp head and I am considering this little Eden. I managed to find one in a local store today, but they only had a pretty crappy 4x10 cab to run it through (it was a pretty shabby looking TC Electronic cab). I liked the amp but found it sounded a little metallic for my taste, however, I suspect that could well be down to the cab in question.

As such, I am wondering if anyone here has experience with these little amps and if so what you think of them? If I go for it I'll order via Thomman or Adertons so I can always return it if it does not work out, but I would like to avoid having to do that if at all possible, so any feedback or advice on this amp would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

James

I had its big brother the WTX500 for a while -- Loved the tone but found it very underpowered, way less volume than my TC RH450 and even my old Kustom Deep End 200 watt Bass head,and that was through very efficient cabinets ( BFM Omni 15 and Fearful 15/6 )
Not enough power for gigging with my covers Band!

Will.

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1439121105' post='2840134']
I had its big brother the WTX500 for a while -- Loved the tone but found it very underpowered, way less volume than my TC RH450 and even my old Kustom Deep End 200 watt Bass head,and that was through very efficient cabinets ( BFM Omni 15 and Fearful 15/6 )
Not enough power for gigging with my covers Band!

Will.
[/quote]

Cheers bud,

I'm having this same issue with my Ashdown Mi-Bass so sounds like I need to avoid the Eden too!