Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Tech Soundsystems TVM 350 Head & 3U rack case, *** SOLD ***
£150

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi Folks[/font][/color]

[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]*** NOW SOLD ***[/font][/color][/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Having just acquired a Thunderfunk head, I'm putting a few items up for sale starting with this one.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's a [b]Tech Soundsystems TVM350[/b] head mounted in 3U Stagg rack case, all of which is in very good condition and sounds great, though please see note below regarding the compressor! Anyway, I'm looking for [b]£130.00[/b] for this excellent German designed and built amp.[/font][/color]

[attachment=197871:20150722_173358.jpg] [attachment=197872:20150722_173440.jpg] [attachment=197873:20150722_173623.jpg] [attachment=197874:20150722_175726.jpg] [attachment=197875:tvm_full.jpg]

[b]Spec:[/b] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]350 Watts at 4 Ohms, 420 Watts at 2 Ohms. 19" x 2U x 15", weight = 20 lbs.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]It's a solid state head with a very warm, valve-like sound. Passive EQ, bass and treble boost, blend-able FX loop, tuner out, line out and a high pass filter which is great if you like your 'Old-Skool' bass tones (which I do)..[/color][/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif].[/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][b]Note about the compressor:[/b][/color][/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There is a design flaw with the optical compressor on this range of amp. Basically, if you have the gain stage set quite high and then utilise the compressor, it introduces a lot of harmonic distortion, which is not good.. However, if you're careful with it, you can get some use out of the compressor. Tech Soundsystems knew about this design flaw and offered first-time buyers the chance to exchange the amp for a different model in their range, but the previous owner declined that option back in 2009 when it was offered to him..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This amp also had a new power supply board fitted in 2009 and has been fine ever since.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm more than happy to ship this (which would probably cost around £10-12) and if so, postage costs will be on top of the price.. Equally, if you're local and want to come and try it out, you'd be very welcome.. :)[/font][/color]

Am also going to be selling some other amps soon as well, namely an old [b]Peavey MK IV[/b] circa 1982 with original foot switch, and a [b]Yamaha BBT500H[/b], so please look out for those if they're your kind of thing.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM.. Thanks for looking![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nik[/font][/color]

Edited by silverfoxnik

BUMPING this with a new price of:

[b]£130 [/b]

I've finally sorted out my lightweight cab situation now, so am looking for a straight sale on this at £130. As I've already said, I'm happy to ship this and shipping's usually around £10.

Any questions, please PM me or ask away here.

Thanks for looking! :)

Sunday BUMP !

Had a play of this amp yesterday with my Genz 212, comparing it to my Thunderfunk TFB550 and my Hughes & Kettner Bassbase 600 and using my BC Rich Eagle which is a passive bass...

And although it's not as loud, it certainly held it's own in terms of providing a great bass tone out of the box! The mid control in particular is interesting as it seems to do much more than just add a specific mid e.q. - not sure how exactly, but it's a nice facility. It's also got some great features too - crazy really, because it's better spec'd in that way than the Thunderfunk, which doesn't even have a mute button??

To be honest, if I didn't have the other two amps, I definitely wouldn't be selling this, especially at this price!

Anyway, like I said a;ready, happy to listen to sensible offers. :)

• 4 weeks later...