Why become a member? ×

iTunes "Play Random Album" script

ras52

How did I only just discover this?

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=randomalbumplayer

It's a script for iTunes that selects and plays a random album. If you're not a techie, don't be put off by the idea of "scripts", you only need to drag it to the right folder then it appears as a menu item. There are quite a few other useful scripts on that site.

It also has excellent taste, having just selected Don Juan's Reckless Daughter: Jaco's finest hour, IMO.

Good find! I've found that "random" or "shuffle" buttons on mp3 players/software tend to be pretty useless, but I like the idea of being able to push a button and getting a whole album chosen for me. It needs a "and now for something completely different" button as well, which picks an album from a totally different genre than the currently playing album.

Don't ipods have the option to be able to shuffle at either 'song' or 'album' level anymore? mine does but it's not a particularly recent model. Personally I hardly ever shuffle at album level, prefer to do it at song level from a predetermined playlist. I'd never fit all that I have on iTunes onto any portable device anyway.

Edited by KevB