Why become a member? ×

BeLow

[quote name='Rich' post='315907' date='Oct 27 2008, 03:41 PM']Oh my god... I have something approching a phobia of needles...[/quote]

Further to my, "not knowing how to spot other Basschatters" comment, I am also fairly new to the Exeter music scene. Rich, from your pic in your profile it wouldn't surprise me if you were the guy with the "follow the Bassplayer" teeshirt...?

I would have tapped you on the shoulder and said hi, but short of tapping everyone on the shoulder who appeared to be a bassist and saying "hi, are you a basschat-er?" I couldn't have known!!

We must try to catch up sometime! I formed and played with Souled Out in bristol for several years, and am currently trying (very!!) to get another 10 piece band together, called Soulfire (no, before you ask, not that methodist lot near Tiverton!!), a soul band with a bit of a Brian Setzer feel, I'm also doing a few deps... for "Thin Purple Snake" at the moment (just off to a rehearsal at Depot X in fact!).

Edited by MoJoKe

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='317809' date='Oct 29 2008, 06:09 PM']Further to my, "not knowing how to spot other Basschatters" comment, I am also fairly new to the Exeter music scene. Rich, from your pic in your profile it wouldn't surprise me if you were the guy with the "follow the Bassplayer" teeshirt...?

I would have tapped you on the shoulder and said hi, but short of tapping everyone on the shoulder who appeared to be a bassist and saying "hi, are you a basschat-er?" I couldn't have known!!

We must try to catch up sometime! I formed and played with Souled Out in bristol for several years, and am currently trying (very!!) to get another 10 piece band together, called Soulfire (no, before you ask, not that methodist lot near Tiverton!!), a soul band with a bit of a Brian Setzer feel, I'm also doing a few deps... for "Thin Purple Snake" at the moment (just off to a rehearsal at Depot X in fact!).[/quote]

Oooh Brian Setzer. Now this is the sound of a band I could like!