Why become a member? ×

Question on fitting East U-Retro

lateralus462

Right my new Pre-Amp Turned up this morning (Thanks 6stringbassist) and I'm planning on fitting it tomorrow, but there are a couple of things I'm not completely sure of:

This is the first question I have is this

On the East website under the Installation guidelines it has this note:

"IMPORTANT - Make sure all threaded bushes for the pots and toggles are solidly grounded via screening foil or other highly conductive material (although conductive paint is fine for screening it should not be used as a method for ground the pots and switches for the retro"

So at the moment my bass has J bass style wiring in it with the ground going to the bridge - I take it I'm going to have to line the cavity with foil, but in that case wher would the ground wire on the circuit go to? (Sorry I'm finding the whole grounding thing slightly confusing) also what foil would be suitable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

[quote name='lateralus462' post='272471' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:44 PM']Right my new Pre-Amp Turned up this morning (Thanks 6stringbassist) and I'm planning on fitting it tomorrow, but there are a couple of things I'm not completely sure of:

This is the first question I have is this

On the East website under the Installation guidelines it has this note:

"IMPORTANT - Make sure all threaded bushes for the pots and toggles are solidly grounded via screening foil or other highly conductive material (although conductive paint is fine for screening it should not be used as a method for ground the pots and switches for the retro"

So at the moment my bass has J bass style wiring in it with the ground going to the bridge - I take it I'm going to have to line the cavity with foil, but in that case wher would the ground wire on the circuit go to? (Sorry I'm finding the whole grounding thing slightly confusing) also what foil would be suitable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated[/quote]

Hi Chris

The grounding wire went to the bridge on my bass, any problems email me [email protected], I'll try and help the best I can.

Kevin

Edited by 6stringbassist