Why become a member? ×

1977 Fretless Fender Precision Bass Guitar for sale.

warhorse

Hi,

I am selling my 1977 fretless Fender Precision bass guitar, the serial number is S877125 It is in very good condition and to the best of my knowledge all parts are original. There is a little bit of lacquer peel on the head as you can see on one of the photos but it is not bad at all. It comes in a brand new (non Fender) hard case.

Pictures are available here [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fretless/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/fretless/[/url]

I am in the UK and I am looking for offers over £1000 please.

Many thanks,
Gareth

To be honest Gareth - half the membership object to folk joining the site just to flog something so will probably not be interested and the rest are clued up enough to know that your ask is well OTT , partic at the moment as prices are def. on a downhill trend.

It's your bass , I hope you get what you want for it. Good luck with it's sale.

Although the pics arent good, it does seem a bit of weird colour - the white is a bit bright for a bass from the 1970s. The tortie scratch plate is not normal issue for a late 70's P bass either.

Gareth, it doesnt look wholly original, so it would help if you could give people some history, oh and it is pricey. Check recent ebay completed sales to get a more realistic guide price.

Tell us about you, and contribute to the forum as well mate, if you can. Sales are better received that way.

Best wishes

[quote name='warhorse' post='270527' date='Aug 26 2008, 07:45 PM']Ok, no longer looking for offers over £1000.

What do you wise men think it is worth then?[/quote]

If it's all original plus a pro quality defret - somewhere in the region of £500. Vintage and Rare , and similar shops , would tag it over a grand but nobody in the real world would pay that.

That's this man's opinion - I don't claim to be wise.