Why become a member? ×

Where do i go next?

sqidge

Dear all,

I have been playing bass for about a year now and I would like to know what my next step is? I have nice gear,

A Warwick rock bass corvette
a fender Mike Dirnt signature series and an aerodyne jazz bass,

i been looking though music and I would say I’ve got to an intermediate standard - does anyone have any books/music to recommend that I could get my teeth into. It is a bummer now the web based tab sites seem to have been shut off I’m struggling.

Any ideas?

Sqidge

[quote name='sqidge' post='28078' date='Jul 6 2007, 08:34 PM']Dear all,

I have been playing bass for about a year now and I would like to know what my next step is? I have nice gear,

A Warwick rock bass corvette
a fender Mike Dirnt signature series and an aerodyne jazz bass,

i been looking though music and I would say I’ve got to an intermediate standard - does anyone have any books/music to recommend that I could get my teeth into. It is a bummer now the web based tab sites seem to have been shut off I’m struggling.

Any ideas?

Sqidge[/quote]

Hi - and welcome! :)

What kind of music are you interested in? - I have a few tab files I can put up for you.

Hamster

[quote name='sqidge' post='28078' date='Jul 6 2007, 08:34 PM']I have been playing bass for about a year now and I would like to know what my next step is?[/quote]
Find a guitarist and a drummer, get into a rehearsal room and start jamming together. It's the quickest way to learn how it all glues together. And it's fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bald Eagle

TAB has long been my downfall but since the sites have been pulled I have been forced to learn more by ear which is a better way moving forward for the long run, not suggesting you jump straight in with any complicated stuff but theres still plenty to entertain yourself with ie. Bob Marley, Blink 182 for example.