Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Warwick FNA Jazzman 5-String 2004 custom
£1000

simonlittle

*Price Drop! Now £950!*

Selling my Warwick FNA Jazzman 5-string bass after 11 years of service!
I bought this bass new in 2004 and it has been my main instrument for the last ten years. I used it on countless records, most notably the last two albums with The Divine Comedy (Bang Goes The Knighthood & Victory For The Comic Muse; if you want to hear it in action have a listen to BGTK). It was also my main touring bass with Maggie Reilly and it has travelled all around Europe with me.
Only selling as I have recently bought an Infinity NT 5-string which has become my main bass and I don't want the FNA to sit unplanned. It's a cracking instrument with loads of tone options and it deserves to go to someone who will play it all the time.
It's standard issue apart from the chrome hardware and the extra-long neck which I ordered from Warwick. The neck is about an inch longer than the standard which really helps the sustain. It has had the fingerboard significantly slimmed down by Martin at The Gallery who also refretted it with slimmer frets. This was done many years ago and prevented the neck bending as these basses are prone to.
Very fast smooth action and in great condition for it's age.
Looking for £950 cash collected from Peckham or I could meet you halfway if possible.
Message me if you have any questions...
Simon
[attachment=192483:IMG_0003.JPG]
[attachment=192484:IMG_0004.JPG]
[attachment=192485:IMG_0005.JPG]
[attachment=192486:IMG_0006.JPG]
[attachment=192487:IMG_0007.JPG]
[attachment=192488:IMG_0008.JPG]

Edited by simonlittle

I have one of these lovely basses and it is truly capable of some great tones (humbucker slab tone and them warm round tone from the neck pickup). Mine has not been modified but I was wondering what problems these suffer from? Neck bending? Is there anything I should look out for on mine? Any pointers or links you can refer me to?

I shouldn't think it's too common an issue but the fingerboard on this bass was very thick and was pulling the neck forward beyond the point where the truss rod could compensate. So we removed a good 2mm (ish) off the board and now the neck is gorgeous :)

[quote name='sleevey' timestamp='1433736035' post='2793443']
These are killer basses.......GLWTS!!
[/quote]

It's been my main bass for the last ten years. I'll be sorry to see it go but I've just got an Infinity plus another Lakland five string so need to re-balance the basses!