Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Tonehammer 500 - TRADED
£450

Conan

Sadly, this great little amp does not seem to be compatible with my current cabinet (Barefaced Big One), so one of them has to go and I am not getting rid of my Big One! ;)

I've only had it a few weeks and got it on here in trade for a TC RH750. It is still only a few months old and would still be well within warranty if you were its original owner! It is in immaculate condition, with no scratches or marks of any description. I had it serviced and checked out this week, and will provide all the paperwork confirming that it is in A1 condition. :)

It is incredibly light (4lbs = 1.8kg!) and I carry it around in a Dell laptop case (which can be included). It has great tone-shaping capabilities and is very flexible. Many people speak very highly of this amp, and I wish it worked better with my cab! :(

The cheapest I can find one of these new is £559, and that is without a case - so this represents a saving of around £130. Not to be sniffed at :happy:

I may well be interested in trades for other amps (minimum of 500 watts @ 4 ohms) but nothing else. I am happy to package the amp up for shipping (I still have the original box) but obviously that will be at the buyer's cost. Although I would advise taking out insurance with the courier, I can accept no responsibility for any damage incurred during shipping - so I would prefer collection if possible :)

Edited by Conan

[quote name='CalDeep' timestamp='1429862707' post='2755595']
Would you be interested in an Aggy AG500 at all?
[/quote]

Not sure... How different does it sound to the Tonehammer? Would I have the same problems with the AG as I do with the TH (i.e. not working well with my Big One?): http://basschat.co.uk/topic/257641-aguilar-th500-distortion-issues/

Also, I have no spare cash at the moment to put towards your amp, which is valued at significantly more than mine.

So I guess that's a kind of "no thanks" really! :)

Edited by Conan

The drive is very shapeable on it due to it having its own channel, its essentially the agro pedal but with a full shapable EQ and a bright and deep boost. Very versatile. Id take your tone hammer and £200. As far as the clean channel goes its the same as the TH but just with more shaping options (4 band eq and bright and deep boost). Im moving to a DB750 and a tone hammer for smaller gigs

[quote name='CalDeep' timestamp='1429880406' post='2755935']
Id take your tone hammer and £200.
[/quote]Your amp sounds interesting, but I don't have £200 at the moment due to household bills... :( :( GLWYS though! :)

Been away for the weekend, so have fallen behind slightly with this advert! Sorry :blush:

All PMs now replied to :)

[quote name='timtims96' timestamp='1430085661' post='2757916']
Would you be interested in trading for a Mark Bass little mark iii?
[/quote]

Possibly - but I have about four other trade offers on the table at the moment and yours was the latest one to come in. I'm dealing with them in chronological order so I'll get back to you by PM in due course if I'm interested. B)

People keep offering me Markbass amps! :D Best trade offer so far is a GK MB800 :)